Heung-Min Son will undergo surgery after a fracture in his right arm has been detected
Heung-Min Son will undergo an operation to heal his fractured right arm, which according to a statement from Tottenham will have him out “several weeks.”
However, Mourinho has wanted to be clearer and has said that he does not have the Asian for several weeks.
“Tottenham medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Heung-Min Son’s rehabilitation with the player expected to be out of action for a number of weeks,” the club said in a statement.
Tottenham has reported the mishap South Korean striker, who was injured after 30 seconds of the match against Aston Villa but held onto the field to give victory to the Spurs two goals, including the victory in the 94′.
Son was injured at 30 seconds of the game against Aston Villa, but played the entire game and scored two goals to give victory to the ‘spurs’. Son collided with Ezri Konsa at the start of the meeting and during the break he received the priests of the Tottenham doctors, being able to continue the game.
This Tuesday, after a medical examination, a fracture in the arm has been detected that will make him go through the operating room, being on leave for several weeks. Spurs are already without their leading scorer striker Harry Kane and now are without their second most reliable shooter and scorer Heung-Min Son. Son has scored 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions so far this season, including the last-minute winner against Villa on Sunday.
The 27-year-old will miss some important games for the Spurs due to the injury, with the Champions League round of 16 against german RB Leipzig being followed by a crucial Premier League game against Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Leicester City.
Son’s setback comes at one of the worst moments to coincide with the return of the Champions League and the fall of Harry Kane.