Premier League would lose more than £ 1 billion if the league is not restarted

Greenlight in the Premier League for the return to training with contact

Premier League could face losses of more than 1,000 million, as well as the ruin of many clubs

This was explained by the president of the Premier League, Richard Masters in a letter to the department of sport, culture, digital and media of the British Government. In this statement, Masters said that if the large losses they will have to face are not resolved; many companies and soccer teams “will be forced to close.”

For this reason, the president of the league defended that the teams are accepting the measures of the British Government by which the state pays 80% of the wages of the workers of a company and the latter the remaining 20%. A deputy responds to the clubs asking them to stop “defending the indefensible. The measures announced by the government are aimed at the entire economy; including many companies intended to provide entertainment or that depend on elite talent,” said Masters. However, these statements by Masters did not sit well with Julian Knight,

The Premier asked for 30% salary cuts for footballers, a proposal that the PFA did not like, as it was not sure where this money would go and if it would harm such a reduction in the taxes it receives the Government and, consequently, the public health system.

Tottenham and Newcastle have benefited from government aid

Some Premier League clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United have taken government measures to pay their non-player employees; while Liverpool did so in the first instance but later rectified after hearing complaints from their fans. Manchester United and Manchester City have already announced that such aid would not be used.

Masters’ warnings are consistent with what was stated by Greg Clarke, president of the English football federation (FA); who pointed out that many clubs can disappear if this situation extends over time..

Share:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on telegram
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on whatsapp
Share on reddit
Share on mix
Related Posts